I made this divine hazelnut torte last week for my boyfriend's sister's birthday dinner. It went down an absolute treat (proclaimed to be the best-thing-I've-ever-made by the boy) and I'm already plotting when I can bake another one up. I ground up whole raw hazelnuts into a meal using a little coffee grinder that we have at home which worked amazingly, so no stress if you're unable to source hazelnut meal! I'm also sure you could easily sub almond meal instead of hazelnut, however that classic hazelnutty flavour is what I love most about this slightly chewy, dense but fluffy (seriously, I can't explain it) cake. I topped mine with toasted hazelnuts and grated raw chocolate for a little nutella-esque goodness. So so perfect for dessert, or with a cuppa; let me know if you make it!

3/4 of a cup of hazelnut meal (or about 1/2 cup of whole hazelnuts ground into a meal)
1 cup of brown rice flour
1 cup of mylk of choice (I used rice)
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of maple syrup
2/3 cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp of baking powder

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius, and grease a cake tin or slice pan (the torte doesn't rise too much; it's something between a cake and a slice). Mix the hazelnut meal, brown rice flour, coconut sugar and baking powder together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the mylk, olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the wet to the dry, mix well. Pour into your cake tin or slice pan, and bake for 40-45 minutes.