As soon as I saw Tess Begg's recipe vid for her blueberry muffins I knew I needed some muffins in my life. These tasty little things are based off her recipe, and boy they went down a treat. I subbed out the buckwheat flour for brown rice flour as that's what I had on hand, and also used maple syrup instead of dates as the sweetener (making it FODMAP friendly). I also had a ton of fresh strawberries on hand so decided to go with those, plus who doesn't love a good choc chunk?

What you need:

2 cups brown rice flour (or buckwheat flour, or any flour blend you like)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

1 small mashed banana
1 flax egg (1 tblsp ground flax + 2 tblsp water)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 2/3 cups of almond milk
1 cup of chopped strawberries
1/2 cup roughly chopped chocolate (optional, but very recommended)

What you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the flax and water and set aside. Mix the flour, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana, vanilla, maple syrup, almond milk and flax egg. Add the wet to the dry, mix until just combined, add the strawberries and choc chunks and fold through. Transfer to muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes.