Since getting my little mitts on a waffle iron a couple of months ago, I've made many many many a waffle. Many. I've made them with all kinds of different flours, with banana and without, with flax and without, with a variety of different additions... And now I'm here to inform you of my greatest waffle discovery! And that is to keep it simple. Keep it so, so simple. Three ingredients (not including the cinnamon, but does that even really count?), no fussing around, just simple, wholefood, easy peasy ingredients. Out of all the waffle recipes I've been playing around with, this one is easily my favourite, not just because of it's no fuss simplicity AND because it's such a forgiving recipe which you pretty much cannot stuff up, but especially and mostly because it has the greatest texture; perfectly crispy on the outside, and a little fluffy and moist on the inside. Waffle perfection baby.

What you need:

1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2/3 cup almond milk
1 tblsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon (optional, but recommended)

What you need to do:

Turn your waffle iron on to a medium heat. Add the flour and cinnamon to a bowl, then add the almond milk and maple syrup. Stir until well combined; you should have a nice thick-ish batter. Transfer to your waffle iron, and cook until nicely browned (about 3 or 4 minutes I believe). Serve with extra maple syrup drizzled on top, et voila!

This recipe is super easy to double as well, or triple, or whatever you're vibing; go wild. Also feel free to add frozen blueberries to the batter, for something a little bit extra extra.